Saturday, February 22, 2014

Origami architecture - Church tower

My first ever original origami architecture. It is not that complex. Yet it gave me so much pleasure diagramming a model and completing it.

It is a miniature church tower with out the cross on the top.
church tower
church tower front view
 
You can download the diagram image and print it on A4 sheet. It is diagrammed to the scale.

church tower - diagram - print on A4 sheet

You need to cut along the dotted lines and fold along the solid ones. Apply glue on the extra rectangle protruding to the left from the first wall and paste it with the last side wall. Apply glue on the extra cones protruding out of the tower cones and paste them with the adjacent cones. You have the church tower ready.

This being my first original, my diagramming and explanation is not that perfect. I will work on better diagramming conventions and explanations as I build more and update the blog :)

I know many would say this is not truly origami as I am cutting and pasting. Lack of better word. May be we can call it kirigami ?

If you build this model, please leave a comment. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment